Best Home WiFi Thermostats for iPhone & AndroidPublished on: June 10, 2013
Thermostats have received a major makeover in the 21st century. First, there were bimetallic mercury thermostats. Then, programmable electronic thermostats were state-of-the-art. Now, there are WiFi thermostats that allow homeowners to adjust their heating and cooling settings over the Internet. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, programmable thermostats are a great way to save money. By adjusting temperatures between 10 and 15 degrees when a home is not occupied, homeowners can cut their energy bills by 10 percent. The benefits of a programmable thermostat are even easier to experience when the device features a wireless router and intuitive controls that can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
How a WiFi Thermostat Works
Top-of-the-line thermostats, including the Evolution® Connex Control by Bryant® and the Infinity® Remote Access Touch Control by Carrier®, securely connect to your home’s wireless network through an integrated router or wireless access point. Once connected, homeowners can adjust their thermostat’s settings from any location. Bryant®’s MyEvolution platform allows users to access system controls using a web browser or applications designed for Apple and Android devices. Carrier® maintains a similar system for Infinity® users that works with smartphones, tablets and personal computers. The MyInfinity interface can be accessed online or through applications designed for Android devices and Apple iPhone and iPad products.
The Evolution® Connex™ Control by Bryant®
Bryant®’s Evolution® Controller features a host of advanced features along with a touchscreen and WiFi-enabled remote access. This device is compatible with most wireless systems. Applications designed for the iPod Touch, iPad and iPhone are also available. Applications and access to web portals are available free of charge to customers who purchase a Bryant® Evolution® thermostat.
- One thermostat controls up to eight remote sensors.
- Battery-free power sources provide reliable service.
- Filter and maintenance reminders are delivered on the screen or by email.
- Thermostat settings can be customized for each day of the week.
- Programmed temperatures can be altered using multi-day vacation settings.
- One interface controls ventilators, humidifiers and air purifiers.
- Home automation systems integrate with your thermostat.
- Unit uses WiFi access to receive local five-day forecasts.
Infinity® Remote Access Touch Control
Carrier®’s highly efficient Infinity® thermostat is designed to control the brand’s most advanced heating and cooling systems. This programmable thermostat has an LCD screen, loads of features, and it meets Energy Star requirements. Users can adjust settings on this thermostat using a standard Internet connection or wireless devices. Units are also compatible with wired broadband, and some models have phone access capabilities.
- Control temperature, humidity, ventilation and air quality with one device.
- Monitor temperatures in eight zones using remote sensors.
- Track real-time energy use.
- Program custom heating and cooling settings for each day of the week.
- Adjust systems quickly using an intuitive touchscreen interface.
For more information about WiFi thermostats manufactured by Bryant® or Carrier®, contact a local AC Southeast® contractor.