Can Your HVAC System Handle the “Lions” and “Lambs” of March?Published on: March 28, 2018
March has fluctuating temperatures throughout the United States, which generates discussions whether March is coming “in like a lion, out like a lamb,”or vice versa. Regularly scheduled maintenance on your system keeps your equipment functioning even when the temperature dips and spikes. Make sure your system is ready to handle the seasonal swings of March with HVAC preventative maintenance.
Increased Savings with HVAC Preventative Maintenance
Proper care of your heating and cooling system before the weather heats up offers noticeable savings:
- HVAC preventative maintenance saves you money by increasing energy efficiency of your heating and cooling system. A unit clogged with dirt, dust, and debris struggles to provide ideal temperatures in your home. Cleaning the components allows your HVAC system to perform more efficiently when the parts and airflow aren’t compromised by pollutants. Increased efficiency means you save every month on your energy bill.
- Scheduled maintenance keeps your system performing longer. Maintenance fine tunes your equipment and limits the amount of wear and tear it experiences during the year. Lubricating all moving parts and tightening any loose connections will prevent your unit from working harder to cool or heat your home. Your system will experience fewer problems, saving you the surprise expense of replacing your system before you are ready.
- HVAC preventative maintenance reduces the risk of malfunctions and breakdowns of your heating and cooling system. Technicians will catch issues early before they snowball into expensive repairs in the future. HVAC preventative maintenance allows technicians to inspect your system, clean it and diagnose any potential problems. Fewer malfunctions and breakdowns save you money in the long run on unexpected HVAC repairs.
- Regular maintenance is typically a requirement to keep your manufacturer warranty valid. Neglecting to maintain your system could void your warranty, leaving you vulnerable to a large out-of-pocket repair bill. Avoid this unpleasant surprise by investing in a maintenance plan and alleviate such worries.
Increased Comfort with HVAC Preventative Maintenance
Saving money isn’t the only benefit of routine maintenance on your heating and cooling system. You will also experience improved comfort inside your home. Even temperatures, ideal humidity levels and improved indoor air quality will provide your family with a healthy environment.
- HVAC preventative maintenance boosts your heating and cooling system’s performance throughout the year. Your system is allowed to work free of hindrances and hazards to maintain your thermostat settings, providing you with the best climate possible in your home. Maintenance prevents major breakdowns and system failures forcing your system to work harder than necessary and compromise the controlled humidity of your HVAC unit.
- The indoor air in your home will be cleaner and healthier for you and your loved ones with HVAC preventative maintenance. Regularly cleaning your system removes pollutants and allergens compromising your home’s air. A dirty HVAC system is the result of poor cleaning and a dirty filter. When your indoor air quality is reduced, you may easily suffer increased allergy symptoms, asthma issues and respiratory infections. March is notorious for bringing in the start of allergy season with the arrival of spring. Schedule HVAC preventative maintenance on your system before your home becomes a magnet for allergens.
Make sure your heating and cooling system is ready for March weather this year and schedule HVAC preventative maintenance through AC Southeast®! We offer quality service by licensed and knowledgeable technicians. We will help get your system ready and keep it running smoothly all summer long. Call AC Southeast® today!