Keep New Year’s Resolutions on Track By Checking off these HVAC To-DosPublished on: March 14, 2018
Whether you struggle to fulfill your resolutions every year or not, with our HVAC to-dos you can take pride knowing your HVAC system is operating flawlessly and your indoor atmosphere is healthy for you and your loved ones. AC Southeast® will help you achieve at least a few of your New Year’s resolutions this year! Preventative maintenance allows your system to operate more efficiently and prolongs the life of your equipment. Contact AC Southeast® today and get the preventative air conditioning service your system deserves.
Advantages of Preventative Maintenance Air Conditioning Service
If you are on the fence about whether or not preventative air conditioning service is necessary, consider the benefits you get with regular maintenance on your system. Your system will last longer when it’s properly cleaned and maintained. You will also experience higher efficiency performance from your unit, resulting in reduced energy bills over the course of the year. The air inside your home will be healthier when the filter is replaced often, keeping your ductwork, system and home clear of dust, debris and other allergens.
The most impressive benefit to preventative maintenance is reduced unexpected and costly repairs. When your heating and cooling system is maintained on a regular basis, small problems are caught early, preventing them from turning into major breakdowns in the future. A clean system experiences fewer malfunctions, allowing your system to run more efficiently and provide even temperatures throughout your home. Most manufacturer warranties require regular service as a condition. Neglect your HVAC maintenance and you may void your warranty, leaving your wallet susceptible to an unexpected repair bill.
HVAC Preventative Maintenance for Professionals
Investing in a preventative maintenance plan is one of the wisest purchase you will ever make when it comes to your home’s heating and cooling system. Breakdowns occur more often on systems which aren’t cared for on a regular basis. Scheduling preventative air conditioning service in the spring offers more convenience for your schedule and gets your system ready for the heat whenever the temperature starts to spike.
The right HVAC professionals have the tools, skills and knowledge needed to maintain and tune-up your system. Preventative air conditioning service performed by a technician includes:
- Inspecting and calibrating of thermostat ensuring even temperatures throughout the summer months
- Checking for any loose electrical connections and tightening them to reduce dangerous shorts in the system
- Measuring voltage and current on the air conditioning motor
- Lubricating moving parts to reduce friction and electricity, resulting in decreased energy bills
- Inspecting of condensate drain and pan for proper draining and clogs
- Testing the system controls for proper start cycle, operation and shut-off sequence
- Proper cleaning of the blower and adjusting to ensure adequate airflow for the home
- Cleaning the condenser and evaporator coils of dirt, dust, and debris keeping energy bills low and lengthening the life of your air conditioning system
- Checking the refrigerant charge for the proper level
- Finding and repairing any refrigerant leaks.
Once preventative maintenance is finished on your HVAC system, you still need to perform a few minor tasks to keep it operating efficiently during the hottest times of the season. Common suggestions on what you can do yourself include:
- Checking for debris around the outdoor unit and removing it when necessary
- Trimming excess vegetation crowding the outdoor unit
- Clean the outdoor unit with a hose if dirt is accumulating on it
- Inspect the supply and return registers for obstructions restricting airflow
- Replace the air filter every month, especially if the indicator light is lit.
These are only suggestions and if at any time you aren’t sure about something, reach out to AC Southeast® immediately! We can connect you with qualified HVAC technicians to perform all the above tasks during preventative air conditioning service as well as regular air conditioning repair calls.
So, make the most out of your New Year’s resolutions by improving your HVAC system’s performance this year. Contact AC Southeast® to schedule preventative air conditioning service this spring.