Top 10 Technology Options for Heating and Air Conditioning ReplacementPublished on: November 30, 2019
10 Technology Options for HVAC Replacement
If you’re looking into installing a new HVAC in your home, it is important to be aware of the latest air conditioning technology that can save you money and also make your home more comfortable. HVAC technology has improved dramatically over the last several years, and we’ve come up with a list of our Top 10 Technology Options for Heating and Air Conditioning Replacement to help you understand what new air conditioner technology is available on the market.
Top 10 HVAC Advances
1. More Energy Efficient – Modern HVAC systems are much more energy efficient than they were 10-15 years ago. Previously, the efficiency rating for air conditioners were around the 9-10 mark. Now, air conditioners have an efficiency rating that ranges from 13 to over 25.
2. Improved HVAC Diagnostics ¬– These systems have much better diagnostics than they used to. Technicians can diagnose issues much easier than they could previously, and some systems even support remote diagnostics reporting.
3. Improved Comfort through Zoning – Many newer heating and air conditioning units support zoning. Homeowners and businesses can now control the air flow and temperature to different sections of their property.
4. Better Refrigerants – The days of using freon in HVAC systems is long gone, and modern systems use much more eco-friendly refrigerants such as R410a.
5. Better Ductwork – Advances in ductwork include the creation of flexible ducts and fiberglass-lined ducts.
6. Advances in Ductless Systems – The latest HVAC technology now includes ductless systems, giving clients many more options.
7. Improved Fans – Today’s HVAC systems incorporate variable-speed fans, which are more cost-effective and much quieter than their counterparts.
8. Quieter Systems – Today’s systems produce about ½ the noise as the older models.
9. Improved Compressors – Compressors have been improved as well, meaning they are also quieter and much more energy efficient than they used to be.
10. More Control – With the emergence of smart technology and smart thermostats, homeowners will have much more control over their comfort.
HVAC Technology Research
As you research heating and air conditioning replacement, these 10 items will arm you with the information you need about new HVAC technology, so you can make an informed decision about your HVAC system and which HVAC technician is right for the job. Let us help you find a professional near you.