Heating and Air Conditioning Air Flow ProblemsPublished on: February 6, 2020
Heating and Air Conditioning Air Flow Problems
Heating & air conditioning system air flow problems are common issues that most homeowners will face during their lifetime. No matter if you are dealing with hot and cold spots in your house, weak airflow, or have pressure imbalances, air flow problems can be a sign that you need to have maintenance performed on your HVAC unit. There are several reasons why you may be having HVAC airflow issues and we’ve come up with a list of the Top 10 Causes of Airflow Problems in Heating and Air Conditioning Systems.
Top 10 Causes of Airflow Problems in Heating and Air Conditioning Systems
1. Obstructed Evaporator – Your indoor evaporator unit can become blocked by dust and dirt from using cheap filters or not changing them often enough.
2. Blocked Vents and Registers – Air conditioning vents should be kept open and vents and registers should not be blocked.
3. AC Unit is too Big – Units that are too big for your home will not run efficiently. AC units need to run long enough to remove humidity from the air.
4. Malfunctioning Thermostat – Thermostats can malfunction if they are old or if their batteries need to be replaced.
5. AC Unit is too Old – If you’ve recently renovated your home, your AC unit may need to be reconfigured to meet the needs of the current design.
6. Clogged AC Filters – One of the most common causes of AC airflow problems are clogged or dirty AC filters. Make sure you change your filter according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
7. Faulty Ductwork – Heating and air conditioning professionals can determine where the issue lies within the ductwork and how to best fix it.
8. Malfunctioning/Dirty Blower Fan – The blower fan may be dirty or malfunctioning and can be serviced by an HVAC technician.
9. Dirty Coils – An HVAC system technician will check your coils during your yearly maintenance and ensure they remain clean.
10. Low Refrigerant Levels – An HVAC tech will also check to ensure your refrigerant levels are where they need to be.
Heating and Air Airflow Solutions
No matter what is causing your heating and cooling system airflow issues, quick air flow troubleshooting on your part can save you time and money in the long run. If you are uncomfortable with troubleshooting the heating and air conditioning unit, a professional service provider is only a call away. Let us help you find a professional in your area.