Questions you should ask your heating and air service providerPublished on: February 21, 2020
When you first start working with an HVAC company or are researching a new Heating and Air provider, it is in your best interest to do your due diligence and find a reputable service provider in your area. Whether you have questions about HVAC replacement costs, issues with your Heating and Air condensate line, or just have general HVAC questions, arming yourself with a list of questions you should ask your heating and air service provider will help you find the best company to do business with.
Questions to Ask an HVAC Company
1. Are you licensed and insured? This is essential.
2. How long have you been in the business?
3. Do you offer both HVAC repair and HVAC maintenance?
4. Do you offer emergency services?
5. Do you provide any kind of warranty for your services?
6. Will you provide a written estimate?
7. Are all of your HVAC technicians factory-trained? There are many different HVAC system types and you need to make sure your Heating and Air tech has been trained on your model.
8. How long can I expect my new air conditioner to last?
9. Is spending money on routine maintenance worth it? Your HVAC company should be able to provide you with clear reasons why their maintenance service is worth the fee.
10. What parts of the Heating and Air system should I clean? Such as registers, filter changes etc.
11. My unit has broken down again – is it time for an Heating and Air replacement or should I fix it again?
12. How can I reduce my energy consumption during the hot summer months? A reputable HVAC company can provide you with items to reduce your summertime energy bill.
13. Can you help me make my air distribution more efficient? An Heating and Air company should be adept at air balancing Heating and Air systems.
Heating and Air Installation Questions
These are just a few questions to ask your furnace installer and you might have more (or less) depending on your individual needs. By learning more about an Heating and Air provider, and selecting one you can trust, you can trust that you are in good hands when it comes time to replace your Heating and Air system. Let us help you find a professional near you.